Victory Sports Racing – May 18, 2020
Tennessee, Georgia, & South Carolina are opened up to allowing races. We are working on updating all the schedules and will have them posted ASAP.
To address COVID-19 challenges at motorsports events and instill confidence in racers, fans, staff and authorities, experienced members of the motorsports industry pooled their collective knowledge to develop best practices to allow motocross racetracks of all sizes, nationwide, to resume limited operations in accordance with current health and safety standards for social distancing. Protocols were based on current information from the CDC and WHO, and in collaboration with a variety of American racing organizations across many states. Based on the government’s stated phased-in approach to the return to business, the best practices developed by the Safe-to-Race Task Force are designed specifically to comply the phased-in approach.
To accomplish this goal, social distancing guidelines will be enforced, staff will be tested for elevated temperatures, PPE will be required in accordance with CDC guidelines, fixed seating areas will be restricted and/or eliminated, food and merchandise sales will be limited, and health and safety messaging will be prominent throughout all facilities.
With confirmation of local EMS and Emergency Room capabilities to transport and treat riders if needed, we are getting ready to host events in accordance with local, state and federal regulations using the following best practices. We look forward to working with our local health officials to safely return to the racetrack.
Victory Sports is working diligently to get some ride days approved at Muddy Creek Raceway but the health, safety and welfare of our riders and their families remains paramount. We will keep our race community apprised of all further developments. When we have approval from our local and state officials we will let everyone know immediately on social media and on our website (victory-sports.com). In the mean time, please familiarize yourself with the latest safety procedures that will be implemented when our gates open.
- If you are sick, stay home, DO NOT COME TO THE TRACK.
- Exact change only and bring your own pen please, for both the front gate and signup.
- Practice Social Distancing – stand 6’ apart.
- Park no less than 10’ apart from your neighbor.
- Wear facemasks when closer than 6’ of others.
- Riders under 18 must have a parent or legal guardian with you.
- We will have an EMS crew on hand for everyone’s safety.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid shaking hands or close personal contact with others.
- Cough into your elbow.
- If you start to feel sick, go home and call your doctor.
- Use our hand sanitizer and handwashing stations often.
- If you are considered ‘high risk’, stay at home, visit us when it’s safe.
- When not on track, please remain in your pit area.
- Don’t roam or visit your neighbors. Use your phone for that.
- “Leave No Trace” – Take your trash home with you.
- Campfires are prohibited under the circumstances.
- Don’t touch your face.